Claim Process

Rizon are making it easier for you.

Pay your excess

Pay your insurance claim excess online using our secure online payment facilities. Rizon utilises a secure NAB Transact Payment Gateway page, where your transaction will take place on a secure server. Once your transaction is complete you will be redirected back to this website.

If you have any questions regarding your payment please contact us via our 1300 474 966 office number, or see our FAQ below.

Please use the form below to access our secure online payment system. All fields are required.

  • Letter & 6 digits located on the Scope of Works document either the Job Reference or the Builder Reference number.
  • $ 0.00
  • MasterCard

Claim process

Following lodgement of your insurance claim, your insurer will allocate the assessment and subsequent repair process to one of their preferred builders. As a preferred builder with many of Australia’s largest Insurers, Rizon will partner with you throughout the claim life cycle.


Rizon will make contact with you to arrange a convenient time to attend the property and assess the damage.

Our Estimator will attend site to discuss the circumstances of the claim with you. They will inspect the damage, take photos on behalf of your insurer and prepare a detailed scope of work. This information is then provided to your insurer in order to make a claim determination.


Upon approval of your claim by your insurer, we will make contact with you and provide the required documentation for your review. All documentation required is compiled in line with your local legislation.


After you have returned the signed documentation and paid your excess (if applicable) an experienced Building Supervisor will be appointed to coordinate your repairs.

Frequently asked questions

An Estimator has attended, what happens next?

We provide a detailed report on the damages due to the claimed event to your insurance company.

Your insurance company reviews the documentation and makes a claim determination.

I have received a scope of works, what do I need to do with the documents?

The scope of works outlines the approved repairs to be completed. Please review the scope of works and sign the last page of the document and return it to the address provided. You will also need to pay your excess prior to works commencing, this can be paid by cheque, direct deposit with the details provided with the scope of works or by credit card on our website.

What if there is additional damage that has not been included on my scope of works?

Should you consider items have been excluded from the scope of works please note the items on the signed scope works when returning to Rizon. These additional items can be discussed with your Building Supervisor and if they are determined to be covered under your policy we will provide your insurance company with a variation to have these works included.

Why do I need to pay my excess to Rizon rather than my insurance company?

We are often requested to collect the excess on behalf of your insurance company prior to works commencing. This is standard practice.

When will works commence at my property?

Once you have returned your signed scope of works and building contract (if applicable), and paid your excess, a Building Supervisor will be allocated to your job to commence the works. The Building Supervisor will be able to provide you with accurate repair timeframes and advise what trades will be attending site.

Repairs have commenced, who can I speak to regarding an update or issue?

Your Building Supervisor can be contacted directly to discuss the works. If you have misplaced the contact details please call the office on 1300 474 966. Please have your job reference number to assist us in accessing your claim details. 

How do I pay my excess?

Click here to pay your excess.

Is Rizon a registered and qualified Builder?

Yes – Rizon is a registered domestic and commercial builder across all of Australia.

Why do I need to do maintenance work before my insurance repairs commence?

Often works must be carried out by the homeowner prior to our commencement to ensure there is not a reoccurrence of the damage. Maintenance is not usually covered under an insurance policy.